Hitchhiker Snail ID

Paul24

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 4, 2018
Messages
71
Reaction score
8
What state or country do you live in
Nevada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Found this moving across the back of my tank. I know it's a snail, but unsure which one. May have came on one of my new nassarius snails. Any ideas?

20260511_031316.jpg 20260511_030949.jpg 20260511_030906.jpg
 
I was thinking dove snail but not to sure. Let’s see what others say
 
Look at Olive Snails. Also note Olive Snails are predatory to Nassarius Snails.

The images are rather dark.
 
Look at Olive Snails. Also note Olive Snails are predatory to Nassarius Snails.

The images are rather dark.
20260511_033708.jpg
20260511_033723.jpg
20260511_033616.jpg
I took these with the flash on. Little brighter. I'm not sure if this is an olive snail after looking at images.
 
I think it could be an abolone???????? I am unsure as it is pretty small to an abolone snail but the shell looks VERY similar.............?
 
20260511_033708.jpg
20260511_033723.jpg
20260511_033616.jpg
I took these with the flash on. Little brighter. I'm not sure if this is an olive snail after looking at images.
Thank you for the images. You're right doesn't look like an Olive Snail. Looks terrestrial.
No idea. 🤷‍♀️
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new