Hitchhikers.

Cigarman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got a coral order earlier today. Acclimated and dipped (possibly not long enough) now i already have 2 small white starfish on glass. Should. I remove them or are they good hitchhikers?

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
hi ,without pic,going to say asterina ,take out.. :)

Coral-vault

DFW's Premier Aquatics Dealer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When dipping coral always inspect the frag plug for anything that should not be on the plug. I even scrub the plug down with a tooth brush. Normally if they came from the corals you wouldn't see the little asterina that fast. Most aquariums have these and they simply balance the population with wrasse or harlequien shrimp..

I would grab them and take them out of the tank if you are unsure and do not want them. They reproduce

OP
OP
C

Cigarman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When dipping coral always inspect the frag plug for anything that should not be on the plug. I even scrub the plug down with a tooth brush. Normally if they came from the corals you wouldn't see the little asterina that fast. Most aquariums have these and they simply balance the population with wrasse or harlequien shrimp..

I would grab them and take them out of the tank if you are unsure and do not want them. They reproduce
Thanks there were 2 and I took them out

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back