Hitchhiking Coral ID

livingstone

Dan
View Badges
Joined
Aug 8, 2009
Messages
64
Reaction score
1
Location
Oneonta NY
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This cute little hitchhiker, on my Vanuatu rock, has about doubled in size in the past four months since I first spotted it. It's nearly one inch across now. Does it look familiar to anyone?

IMG_7029.jpg


Thanks
 
That is cool. I have no idea what it is. I looks like it encrusts like a monti, but the polyps look large enough to be some sort of LPS. Not sure.
 
Looks like leptastrea to me

I'm probably wrong though, on closer look, the tentacles don't look right.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 15.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 58 33.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new