Hitchhiking red bubble tip nem

TheoScapes

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So uuuhmmmm I just got a red bubble tip anemone as a hitch hiker. I've never had a nem before and have heard horror stories involving powerheads and tank nuking. This is also a very young tank. He just so happened to be a hitch hiker on my first batch of corals for this new tank.

Don't get me wrong- I'm stoked. But having kept a tank before and done a huge amount of research, I know you shouldn't add nems before 6 or 7 months minimum. This tank JUST finished it's cycle.

Any tips?

T

Attachments

• received_616065643874040.mp4
    146.1 KB

bradleym

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks healthy right now, so that's a good start. Frequent water changes will prolong the cycle, but keep the levels stable. It's your best chance IMO, as the primary cause of mortality is unstable parameters due to the tank still developing its own ecosystem.

mww00ds

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can add nems earlier then 6 or 7 months as long as you stay on top of your water changes. I've added them with a month of being cycled with no problems. I just kept up with water changes and good lighting and everyone is happy. Can't wait to see how big it'll get for yeah.

Stephen8169301

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 50%
1   1   0
I had a nem in a month old tank and still have the same one in my tank today so it’s super possible just follow what everyone said here you should be good!! That’s so cool :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back