Hlle

reefernc02

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
May 29, 2025
Messages
506
Reaction score
275
Location
Cherryville
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my flame fin tang has developed hlle none of the other three tangs show any signs I was using premium carbon and washing the h*ll out of it along with using the finest micron sock since I change them every two days anyway. For reference they all get two sheets of nori twice a day and rods herbivore blend I am changing the food to Lrs and have selcon and garlic guard on the way any other advice
 
So my flame fin tang has developed hlle none of the other three tangs show any signs I was using premium carbon and washing the h*ll out of it along with using the finest micron sock since I change them every two days anyway. For reference they all get two sheets of nori twice a day and rods herbivore blend I am changing the food to Lrs and have selcon and garlic guard on the way any other advice
Do you need to run carbon at all? I would just stop it for the next couple if months and see if anything changes.

Some say stray voltage can cause this…not sure if it’s true but you could always test your tank with a multi-meter.

Also, water quality…are your nitrates and phosphates within a decent range? If you have corals then you are probably fine here.

I think Rod’s is fine and LRS is good too. Sounds like you are feeding lots of nori as well. I don’t think it’s diet related.

My guess is gonna be the carbon.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 54 34.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.4%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new