HOB refugium for pods

Cerberusfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I've got a 75 gallon tank and have been considering adding a refugium. I have an eschopps rs-75 sump without a skimmer (it's a hang on back skimmer) and I considered using that space to put some chaeto instead. My main goal is to have a thriving population of pods as I would like to have a Mandarin dragonet but the removal of nutrients will also be very nice. Any models 18 inches wide or less that would be good? Or any ideas of how to rig up my sump for that?

Reefnman2

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a HOB "fuge" made by CPR on the back of my 75, I got the large one and have 2 mangroves,one on each end with cheato in between and have a good pod population. I have a sump also that's where I placed my skimmer.

OP
OP
C

Cerberusfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it the aquafuge 2? I was looking at that one possibly. I have an aquamax 1.5 HOB skimmer and I like it so I'm not planning on spending money on a new one since I've already got something set up that works. So I'm brainstorming ideas of what to do in that space. I've considered putting rocks and spnge in there as a home for them but don't wanna have to deal with much extra maintenance.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 98 44.1%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 75 33.8%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 35 15.8%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 12 5.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 0.9%
Back