HOB Refugium/sump/overflow what do I need?

  • Thread starter Thread starter RMS18
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

RMS18

I keep water chemistry as my hobby
View Badges
Joined
Aug 21, 2015
Messages
2,996
Reaction score
2,156
Location
The Shore
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm trying to figure out what it is that I'm looking for. I currently do not have a sump, I have a internal canister filter that has some ceramic bio balls and some carbon and a internal skimmer. I do not have the space for a sump under my tank, so I thought about some type of hob unit that I can put my tunze 9001 skimmer in one chamber, gfo and carbon in another and the media balls in another. However here's the issues I do not have much space between the wall and my tank about 5 inches. My reason for this is my new skimmer creates micro bubbles that look like crap in the dt, also it would allow me to run gfo and carbon at the same time as my canister filter can't fit both and lastly I'll be able to add more bio media which can never hurt.

Any suggestions? I did see CPR and Finnex systems but wanted to see if there are any other companies to look into.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new