Hobbies other than reef

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL!

But yeah I agree on Paul...Doubt I will be to keep up with him when we meet down in the Keys my next scuba trip that way.
I suspect that he will be kind and move slowly as you go, glad to have another reefer dude out on the prowl in the Keys.

Haggisman14

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I got some right, but no one answers. :cool:

I also do metal sculpture. Fish

Blimps.

Lamps

More lamps.

And fraternizing with the singers

Paul, those lamps and fish sculptures are awesome! Do you happen to sell them??

riche

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 4 kids under 16 so that doesn't allow me to have hobbys, but I joke around that my hobby is going to the dr's. I have a few medical issues, most related to a fall off a roof in 2006. SO It seems I'm always at the drs but I'm still on this side of the grass.

I do like to argue/debate with random people on touchy subjects, it helps pass the time

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Paul, those lamps and fish sculptures are awesome! Do you happen to sell them??

They all sold in a gallery in Manhattan.
Here they were in the window of the gallery

And my wife in the gallery with one of my lamps on the counter. I started building more and am working on one now.

Haggisman14

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They all sold in a gallery in Manhattan.
Here they were in the window of the gallery

And my wife in the gallery with one of my lamps on the counter. I started building more and am working on one now.

You've got great work there! Manhattan Gallery...sounds like they're too rich for my blood! One of those sculptures would be awesome in my office!

mch1984

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wood working (slowly learning anyways) I just finished a night stand that is the start of our new bedroom set. I also enjoy fishing but rarely have time to do it. I also pick up lego sets whenever I can.

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You've got great work there! Manhattan Gallery...sounds like they're too rich for my blood! One of those sculptures would be awesome in my office!

I couldn't afford what they sold them for either. :rolleyes:

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL!

But yeah I agree on Paul...Doubt I will be to keep up with him when we meet down in the Keys my next scuba trip that way.

I golf, make wine, play Pickleball, ballroom dance, work out, snorkel (I used to dive), fish and R2R!!!

Maybe we should schedule a get together in the Florida Keys for R2R users that want to snorkel and/or scuba dive as well as party together and swap stories!

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How cool would that be?

Maybe we should start a thread and try to pick a location and a date for sometime this summer?

I realize this is super easy for me as I'm just 4 hours away by car, but many others would have to make a big trip out of it. Fly to Miami and rent a car to drive down to the Keys...

Captain, where do you stay (i.e. what island and/or motel) when you visit the Keys?

We almost always stay on Vaca Key (the city of Marathon) and at the Blackfin Resort. BTW, 'resort' is a bit of a stretch. It's a mom and pop type of motel with about 45 rooms (a few are multiple bedrooms or efficiencies with a stove, ect.) and they have a nice, small pool, a very small 'beach' (kind of artificial) a few boat slips in a tiny marina with a boat ramp. They have a handful of liveaboards there and they have a dive shop next door (Tildens) with 2 dive boats. We do most of our off the beach or near shore snorkeling just southwest off the Seven Mile Bridge.

Captain Quint

Plank Owner of the Orca
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe we should start a thread and try to pick a location and a date for sometime this summer?

I realize this is super easy for me as I'm just 4 hours away by car, but many others would have to make a big trip out of it. Fly to Miami and rent a car to drive down to the Keys...

Captain, where do you stay (i.e. what island and/or motel) when you visit the Keys?

We almost always stay on Vaca Key (the city of Marathon) and at the Blackfin Resort. BTW, 'resort' is a bit of a stretch. It's a mom and pop type of motel with about 45 rooms (a few are multiple bedrooms or efficiencies with a stove, ect.) and they have a nice, small pool, a very small 'beach' (kind of artificial) a few boat slips in a tiny marina with a boat ramp. They have a handful of liveaboards there and they have a dive shop next door (Tildens) with 2 dive boats. We do most of our off the beach or near shore snorkeling just southwest off the Seven Mile Bridge.

I like a mom and pop place in Key Largo but was planning a ride the entire Route 66 on my Harley-Davidson this summer, but have no set date really.

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like a mom and pop place in Key Largo but was planning a ride the entire Route 66 on my Harley-Davidson this summer, but have no set date really.

Well that sure sounds like fun! How long do you plan to be out on the road?

Maybe we should meet at MACNA this fall and try to schedule it for June or July of 2020 (that's before the hurricane season really gets started).

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just as interesting as a reef tank. [emoji3][emoji106]
An the fish are fun. The nano fish available allow you to have more fish than a salt water tank of the same size.
83b0c8f490e0c10ba637e8ea5aa3b234.jpg

10 of them in this tank as well as shrimp.
Tons of life going on in a 30 c tank. [emoji3]

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My closest friend lives on Key Largo. We usually visit them this time of the year but I doubt we will go this year as we are going to the Caribbean together and in the summer, they live next to me here in NY

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 48 34.8%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 29 21.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 8.0%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.2%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 36 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.9%
Back