!*!*!*!*! Hobbyist helping Hobbyist !*!*!*!*!

Tsev03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Every little thing helps, I'm not a JJ.Watt that makes a selfie video and ask his fans to raise $200K but ends up 4 days later with $12.5 mil I believe it's now.
I'm just that little guy that sometimes gives more love to others than himself.
I've seen ppl sitting on a curb waiting for someone to take them to a rescue center with only a small back pack.
When I stopped and ask them if they want a ride (stupid question) the gentleman said yes please let me get my family.
When he showed up with his wife and two small children it really struck me, even more when I ask them where their other belongs were as there must be more than just a small back pack and the dad started to cry and needed at least 2 minutes to get to himself and told me "sir, that's it, just one back pack) and all what was in there was some medicine and paper work in ziplock bags.
When we drove out on our way to one of the local HS he started to cry again and kept saying sorry for messing up my nice truck with his wet clothes, I had no words other than when I dropped him off I handed him $100 and told him God knows what he's doing, trust me, and I left cause I didn't want to show him my tears.
Yes I know it's 2.30 in the morning and in 2.5 hrs it's again crack at dawn and the dogs need their walk as well, but I'm glad that I can do this for other ppl.
As my dad always said "the zero's can make 1 number pretty big"

Anyways, tomorrow I will start to organize and will see if we can get these two auction started in the sponsor area, I have a few volunteers that can keep a eye out and help R2R to manage that thread and ppl sticking to the forum rules.
Also I will post up the link that ppl can donate and just $1 will work as many making a lot of them.
Or simple......... skip your starbucks for one day and drop that $5 for these ppl that won't see a starbucks for a long time.
Ok, going to close my eyes for a few small hours, stay tuned, you're all good ppl here on R2R.

That made me cry

OP
OP
Diesel

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
!*!*!*!*! UPDATE !*!*!*!*!

We have a gofundme setup so we all can see how we're doing.
Thanks to all and God Bless.

OP
OP
Diesel

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Morning all.

maybe some already noticed but I missed to click a term button some where when we set up Gofundme and I had this email this morning,

Dear GoFundMe Customer,

We're writing to you to inform you that your GoFundMe campaign is in violation of our Terms & Conditions. To comply with federal law, GoFundMe cannot process payments for "illegal drugs, narcotics, steroids, controlled substances or other products that present a risk to consumer safety or any related paraphernalia," including medical marijuana and its derivatives, even in situations where such activities would be permitted under State Law. You may view a copy of our Terms & Conditions here - xxxxxxx

Please note, if we do not hear back from you within the next 14 days, your account may be removed or refunded.

"Current U.S. Federal Law prohibits the purchase and sale of cannabis and cannabis extracts. Subsequently, our payment partner, WePay is unable to process payments connected to the production, sale, or consumption of cannabis, even in situations where such activities would be permitted under State Law."

The Community Management Team has suspended your GoFundMe campaign because of this. Being suspended means that your campaign link is inactive. Your campaign can only be viewed by you, the Campaign Organizer, by signing in to your account.

Please sign in at xxxxxxxxxxx then click the “Edit” option to remove this information from your campaign. Once that is updated, please reply to this email with the following statement:

“I [YOUR FULL NAME] can confirm that donations will not be used for any purpose in violation of GoFundMe’s Terms & Conditions and I do not intend to mislead donors with the information shared on my campaign.”

Once you follow up, our team will continue to assist with the review of your account. We appreciate your cooperation in this matter. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best regards,

The GoFundMe Team

Did replied on this but I never seen this before.
Anyone else did run into this?

OP
OP
Diesel

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok and we are live again.

And all that between rescuing most of the world and running my own business as I lost a week of work and doing this with only 4 hours of sleep everyday, still thinking for what I'm going to get for breakfast and not knowing if lunch will be worth it, hoping that I will be on time home for dinner, mean while charging my phone four times a day, driving 400 miles per day, answering phone calls if I come out to Rockport or Tennesee to do estimates, ppl wanting to give me money up front to be first in line to do the rebuild, ordering another 10.000 sgft of sheetrock but most local vendors are already out for the next three weeks.
I'm asking if some one can feed my fish and tell me what day it is as I don't want to miss church when it is Sunday.

Thank you!

Aquaholics4u

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Diesel,

Thank you for looking out for the Houston reefers. I have to rebuild again after White Oak Bayou decided to touch my house inappropriately with flood water. I can't complain thou because others have it way worst than me. A house up in Kingwood has 3' of sand from the river. The support Houston has received is unbelievable...if you don't believe in the Christ almighty come to Houston right now. Stand is shot and reef crashed after A/C compressor drowned. I thank God every morning it hit Texas...because Harvey would have wiped out any other State. Irma stay away!!!

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Diesel,

Thank you for looking out for the Houston reefers. I have to rebuild again after White Oak Bayou decided to touch my house inappropriately with flood water. I can't complain thou because others have it way worst than me. A house up in Kingwood has 3' of sand from the river. The support Houston has received is unbelievable...if you don't believe in the Christ almighty come to Houston right now. Stand is shot and reef crashed after A/C compressor drowned. I thank God every morning it hit Texas...because Harvey would have wiped out any other State. Irma stay away!!!
+1.... and +1 to Irma staying away! I live in the Northside of the Tampa Bay area. We are already out of water and every other sustainable food source in my County.

JoeIII

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1.... and +1 to Irma staying away! I live in the Northside of the Tampa Bay area. We are already out of water and every other sustainable food source in my County.

The wife is out at our Walmart right now, hoping there is something left on the shelves and the lines aren't too long (Valrico) There is a joke in our local club about a curse that terrible things happen to member's tanks before they host club meetings... we are scheduled to host in October.

Everyone in Houston is in our thoughts as we prepare to leave our homes and our reefs, not knowing what we may return to.

OP
OP
Diesel

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just looked at the news but we might keep this thread going and also the gofundme

OP
OP
Diesel

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just posted this on my local forum but didn't want this unique opportunity go by for my R2R friends.
Real artifacts from the Hurricane Harvey made by a local Galveston craftsman who did repairs on homes done by Harvey and turned it into a TEXAS flag.
These Texas artifacts will have a Historic value to it, even years from now.

http://www.marsh-reef.org/non-hobby-related-selling-trading/55450-*-*-*-*-*-round-7-*-*-*-*-*.html

2017091421551636-IMG_2680-M.jpg

2017091421545088-IMG_2679-M.jpg

2017091421553682-IMG_2681-M.jpg

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 101 77.1%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 11 8.4%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 17 13.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back