Hole on the body of yellow watchman goby

nanomania

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess its coz of a fight with mandarin???

Both were very active, but i just saw both ig them look dull. However i spotted this hole.. see the pic there is a red spot/hole. And its breathing heavily sitting in a corner.
b3fb43c39d7aeb17ea4c1f7abacb09ad.jpg

ngoodermuth

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long have you had the goby? If it's definitely an aggression injury, I'm tempted to say "wait and see". I just did the same with my flame wrasse after my lineatus put it through the wringer... But, that has a bit of a "bacterial" look to it, so if it's a new addition I might be more concerned... Also, the heavy breathing is concerning as well.

OP
OP
nanomania

nanomania

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long have you had the goby? If it's definitely an aggression injury, I'm tempted to say "wait and see". I just did the same with my flame wrasse after my lineatus put it through the wringer... But, that has a bit of a "bacterial" look to it, so if it's a new addition I might be more concerned... Also, the heavy breathing is concerning as well.
3+ years

OP
OP
nanomania

nanomania

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Doesnt it look some kind of wound? As in the evening i fed her and she was absolutely fine. Also i sit in front of the tank everyday for an hour, so I think its some sort of wound.

Burrito

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looks like a wound, my midas blenny has bitten 4 of my other fish now and tanken considerable chunks out and they healed up.

i HATE my midas blenny

ngoodermuth

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d just watch it for now... if it looks like it’s getting larger, red, or the breathing persists or gets worse he might need antibiotics.

Feed good quality foods, soaked in vitachem or selcon to boost his immune system.

OP
OP
nanomania

nanomania

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d just watch it for now... if it looks like it’s getting larger, red, or the breathing persists or gets worse he might need antibiotics.

Feed good quality foods, soaked in vitachem or selcon to boost his immune system.
Will use reef plus for it.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 33 19.2%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 131 76.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.5%
Back