Hollywoodstunner agression question

  • Thread starter Thread starter Slothman
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Slothman

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 20, 2019
Messages
31
Reaction score
52
What state or country do you live in
Indiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Hollywood stunner chalice frag, and it’s sweeper tentacles are going crazy. I was wondering if there’s any way to hinder this aggression. I only have a 20g long and this boi seems to need more space at only being a frag still

image.jpg
 
I honestly have never seen a sweeper tentacle that long an my Hollywood stunner. I really don't think there is much you can do about it. I could be wrong. They are very aggressive though. They also grow crazy fast! Mine went from about an inch to the size of a dinner plate in less than 2 years. Oddly enough, it doesn't seem to bother my acans or GSP.
 
They are really aggressive chalices, long sweepers are common which is why many reefers don't have them, I practically had to give mine to an lfs and it was the size of a dinner plate or more.
 
I honestly have never seen a sweeper tentacle that long an my Hollywood stunner. I really don't think there is much you can do about it. I could be wrong. They are very aggressive though. They also grow crazy fast! Mine went from about an inch to the size of a dinner plate in less than 2 years. Oddly enough, it doesn't seem to bother my acans or GSP.
20200101_144150.jpg

I take it back. It's more like the size of a punch bowl. You'll definitely have to keep it trimmed back.
Good luck.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.7%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 13.2%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 10 26.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.3%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 18.4%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new