Holy smokes, cheap rock? Should i try it?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Schulks
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Schulks

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 2, 2022
Messages
1,061
Reaction score
631
Location
Over yonder
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This was just posted to a local reef group.
I tried looking up marine solutions and they just look like a marine construction company of some sort.

I have no plans of starting another tank right now but for 0.50 cents a pound it is time to stock up.
Should I drive up there to check it out or is this going to be some low quality rock?

20250220_110611.jpg
 
Last edited:
I started with mostly dry/dead rock and then made some Aragocrete to finish off the tank. If you pick it up, you could always start soaking it and make it live?
 
I started with mostly dry/dead rock and then made some Aragocrete to finish off the tank. If you pick it up, you could always start soaking it and make it live?
Good idea, I'll have plenty of time to play with rocks and make some cool things then get it cycling.

I'm worried it will be low quality/brittle or something because it is so cheap. Hopefully it is good stuff and I save a lot of money.
 
Good idea, I'll have plenty of time to play with rocks and make some cool things then get it cycling.

I'm worried it will be low quality/brittle or something because it is so cheap. Hopefully it is good stuff and I save a lot of money.
Definitely cheap! I got #80 for $100. That's the best deal I've seen since.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 12 46.2%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new