Home Assistant x Hydros Controlled Systems and Automations

johnacharles93

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 6, 2013
Messages
206
Reaction score
138
Location
United States
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone!

I’ve been working on a fork of the HA-Hydros integration originally created by Bitf1ip. Huge thanks to them for building the foundation that made this possible.
My goal wasn’t to reinvent the project, but to expand on it by adding optional control capabilities while keeping the original monitoring-focused philosophy intact.

What’s new in my fork (v0.3.4-controller2)
  • Improved controller and output classification
  • Better detection of relay/outlet-style outputs so compatible devices appear as controllable switches
  • Corrected variable pump speed handling to properly use 0–100% values
  • Monitoring remains the default behavior, with remote control available as an opt-in option through the integration settings
A few important notes
  • This is still a cloud-dependent integration, so internet access is required.
  • Hydros hardware and firmware can expose outputs differently, so compatibility may continue to improve over time.
  • Home Assistant should not be considered your primary life-support controller for an aquarium. Leave Hydros’ native safeties in place and thoroughly test any automation before trusting it with critical equipment.
This project is a community-maintained fork and is built directly on the work of Bitf1ip, who deserves all the credit for the original integration:
https://github.com/Bitf1ip/ha-hydros

I’m sharing this because I know a lot of us have wanted tighter Home Assistant integration with optional device control. I’d love feedback from the community, bug reports, compatibility results across different Hydros controllers, and ideas for future improvements.

Thanks, and I hope this makes your Home Assistant + Hydros setup even more useful!
 
Thank you for sharing this!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new