Home Depot superglue PSA

Coastie Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 7, 2016
Messages
2,318
Reaction score
4,585
Location
West Monroe, LA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This stuff says "gel"... LIES!!! LIES I SAY!!! 15 minutes of washing in acetone and I have use of my right hand again...
WP_20170117_001.jpg
 
This stuff says "gel"... LIES!!! LIES I SAY!!! 15 minutes of washing in acetone and I have use of my right hand again...
WP_20170117_001.jpg
Yes been there! Why I use only Loctite gel and coraladdiction.com ultimate coral glue gel. I always get the 2oz bottle. Goes a long, long way.
 
Last edited:
Yes been there! Why I use only Loctite gel and coraladdict.com ultimate coral glue gel. I always get the 2oz bottle. Goes a long, long way.
Which loctite glue? Do you use it for rock work?
 
I use this & have had no problems. It says to first shake the bottle b4 opening... did you do this?
I love it bc it doesn't take a killer grip--- which I don't have. I have used several bottles with no problems. [emoji171]
 
Never had issues with loctite or super glue brand. The HDX crap from Home Depot, is horrible though...
 
I have had good success with the Gel they sell at Dollar General. it has been good and thick and done me right.

I have a Dollar General about a block from my house and that's what I typically use. I just happened to get a 3 pack from HD when I was getting a few other things, but that won't be happening again.
 
with the Loctite, does it dry out on you after the first use? mine did. don't know if i did something wrong...
 
Gel cyanoacrylate glues have different viscosity.

The best stuff can be purchased from a crafts store.
 
with the Loctite, does it dry out on you after the first use? mine did. don't know if i did something wrong...
No it shouldn't, maybe I didn't have the cap on it completely?!?
And if u do open it up there is a lot left in the loctite brand glue.
 
with the Loctite, does it dry out on you after the first use? mine did. don't know if i did something wrong...
Anytime I've had troubles with it, I just snip a little more off of the spout. It's worked every time for me.
 
I use the Loctite as well. I tried Gorilla brand not too long ago and wasn't impressed. Of the easily available brands Loctite has been the best so far.
 
^^ That stuff on Amazon.ca is $55 Cdn + $18 Cdn shipping :mad::eek::eek::mad::confused:
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 18 20.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 26 29.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 8.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new