homemade daily dosing bags (kinda)

  • Thread starter Thread starter Wiz
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Wiz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 1, 2014
Messages
4,317
Reaction score
2,639
Location
Allenstown nh
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dose brs 2 part daily. Manually. 7oz per chemical. Its hard to add that much slowly. So, this happened.
My wife is an lna. I took two of these things from her work bag. :rolleyes:
A lil clipping and gluing. Then I have these Adjustable flow drip bags. :)
So I can spread the dosing out over a Bunch of hours rather than 10 minutes. Please pay no attention to the Rusty clip as I will be replacing that it was a momentary fix. LOL
What do you think?






20161005_121330.jpg
 
Nice!!

I used to maintain multiple thousands of gallons of retail system this way. It's neanderthal, but it's solid! :)

Well, with a few of these 1400mL Kent drippers. Not a bad deal if you don't DIY or have no good DIY options. For me these were just the ticket...and almost identical to what you found, but they come ready-made. It was crucial in my case that they could hang. At home that's not a requirement and I DIY'd something different:
https://www.kentmarine.com/products/aquadose.htm
download
 
Cool idea. Cheaper than a pump.

+1

More manual than a pump too, but can be highly functional depending on the system!! (I did raise my stony reef on a set of manual drippers but that's awfully hard to recommend to others when you a 4-head doser is <$100.)

Even in a system with a doser you might really like having some of these around for when you have to make manual adjustments.
 
@Wiz do you have any idea if those bags are available to the general public anywhere?
 
I was looking into a type of IV bag, but ended up not using them. The bags that you are using are totally different the what I found. Very cool
 
I think they are actually "feeding bags". And I'm not sure where to get them. Other than my wifes work bag. Lol
 
That's a cool way of doing it! I used to syphon from old gallon carbon jugs
 
I wonder how many people dose like this.
 
I kinda like the daily interaction. Keeps me "tuned in". And if it ever fails, its only one days dose. :-) not to mention one less plug! :-D
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 7.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 14.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new