Honest thoughts on my macroalgae tank?

First of all, spent my younger years growing up in Bolingbrook...🤘
Second, I just added a freshwater AI blade to my temperate tank... OMG if you want your macros to pop...
Ignore the food, I was trying to get a feeding shot for POTM...
IMG_3995.jpeg
 
I think if the sand was white it would get the reactions you think it should, I have to admit for me the sand as it is, is too much of a distraction too, tho I do understand clean sand is down to personal taste.
I definitely think so too, the issue with my sand is that i used the stuff by caribsea that has the pink pebbles mixed in and no matter how much the snails and conch turn it over those pebbles end up back at the surface and they get covered in algae
 
I definitely think so too, the issue with my sand is that i used the stuff by caribsea that has the pink pebbles mixed in and no matter how much the snails and conch turn it over those pebbles end up back at the surface and they get covered in algae
Coarse mesh net! — gently scrape the surface of the sand bed to scoop up the pink pebbles, the sand will fall through; pink pebbles will stay!

This can also be done while using a gravel vac!
 
First of all, spent my younger years growing up in Bolingbrook...🤘
Second, I just added a freshwater AI blade to my temperate tank... OMG if you want your macros to pop...
Ignore the food, I was trying to get a feeding shot for POTM...
IMG_3995.jpeg
WOW!! That looks amazing!! What kind of fish is that btw? It’s adorable!

Being from bolingbrook and in this hobby I assume you know where aquarium adventure is? That’s where I work lol. Unfortunately they’re not as saltwater oriented anymore but I do my best to take care of everything in that isle with the resources I’m provided lol.
 
Coarse mesh net! — gently scrape the surface of the sand bed to scoop up the pink pebbles, the sand will fall through; pink pebbles will stay!

This can also be done while using a gravel vac!
Noted, thanks so much!
 
I definitely think so too, the issue with my sand is that i used the stuff by caribsea that has the pink pebbles mixed in and no matter how much the snails and conch turn it over those pebbles end up back at the surface and they get covered in algae
Did you mix the sand with a different grade? As the finer sand will always separate to the bottom leaving the bigger stuff on top.
 
WOW!! That looks amazing!! What kind of fish is that btw? It’s adorable!

Being from bolingbrook and in this hobby I assume you know where aquarium adventure is? That’s where I work lol. Unfortunately they’re not as saltwater oriented anymore but I do my best to take care of everything in that isle with the resources I’m provided lol.
When I lived in Bolingbrook our country was having it's Bicentennial and there used to be a mall with an amusement park inside in the center.
That is also a Tide pool sculpin. in the picture.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.4%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 17 28.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 32.2%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.2%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 11.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new