Honored to Join Your Hobby

Pelagic One

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seasons Greetings, Everyone! I am new to R2R; came because I was seeking an alternative to another reefer forum, whose senior members became rather set-in-their-ways. I saw that type of forum member when I got into sailing, radio control cars, drones and photography. But from reading (lurking on) the arrogant posts, I’ve learned quite a bit of very useful information, while learning how to be a proper, contributing and respectful forum member.

I’m a 20-year FOWLR veteran who stopped 20 years ago to sail the San Francisco Bay, dive gently above actual coral reefs around the world, and to simply maintain the career/marriage juggle. Like many others introducing themselves, I’m moving forward with my reefing endeavors thanks to my wife’s blessings, permission, tolerance, or whatever you call the “go ahead” nod.

I’m a name-brand kinda guy, so you’ll eventually see pre-build pics of many of the awesome products chosen by veteran reefers, with names like Neptune, Tunze, Kessil, Red Sea, eShopp, Reef Octopus and others. My Apex components will be mounted in a portable network rack enclosure alongside my DT stand, along with a rack mountable universal power supply and toggle switch panel. But I will be using my old-school acrylic 100 gallon TruVu for my display tank, with my old 55 gallon as our quarantine tank. Yes, I’ll be scraping coralline while watching football games!

My promise to the moderators: I will never post a know-it-all message. I’ll only share anecdotal personal observations of what works and doesn’t work for me. Sure I may cuss like an old sailor, but you’ll only see pleasantries posted...befitting of the R2R Forum!

B3D3D620-31FD-4699-BC65-52FA0FC6854D.jpeg

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!

We're happy to have you as a part of our reefing family! :)

Mandelstam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! I haven't even set up my first reef yet and this place is already my second home lol!
[emoji51][emoji4][emoji868]

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 48 20.2%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 2.1%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 173 72.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 5.0%
Back