Hooking up a third party float valve to Apex FMM and programming it.

EvolvedMonkey

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 23, 2023
Messages
182
Reaction score
81
Location
Charlotte, NC
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay, so my question is, I want to connect this third party float valve to the empty port on my FMM.. I tried calling Apex, and didn't get much clarity.

If I hook up this float valve that has a hot and ground to this male aux port, and plug it into my FMM, will the FMM know what to do with it? Will I be able to properly program it to turn off my skimmer if float is triggered? The people at Apex suggested I needed to buy a separate breakout box, and the fmm port wouldn't work, but I'm not exactly sure why.

Thanks for your help.


1741201576557.png
1741201507309.png
Screenshot 2025-03-05 132015.png
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new