Hooking up ati light to apex

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

B-ridge

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hooking up ati sunpower to a apex
What would I need in order to be able to hook my ati sunpower to apex? I also plan on buying some LED strips looks like I'm leaning more toward the sbreeflights actinic bar strips(2) instead of the xho reefbrites
I have heard of this being done just can't remember where I read it at. I know the sunpower is not dimmable but does have 2 separate controls to control the bulbs. Not looking for anything ridiculously crazy. I'm more looking to create the dusk till dawn effect and finding a nice easy schedule.
Thanks in advance and look forward to your answers and possibly suggestions

spscrackhead

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just plug the lights in and program when you want them to be on. I have my blues come on 15 mins before my white and they stay in 30 mins longer as well.
If you use the light setup in the drop down menu it makes it easy. From there you can go advanced and have it set to shut off once a certain temp is reached and have a hysteresis (minimum time off) set to 30 mins or an hour so they won't shut on and off constantly while on the line of your temp limit.
What has you leaning to the sb over the xho?

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 24.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 30.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%

Back