Hoplolatilus randalli is a newly described tilefish...

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hoplolatilus randalli is a newly described tilefish from the heart of the Indo-Pacific region.

Randall’s tilefish, Hoplolatilus randalli, is a spanking new species of reef fish which was just described in the latest issue of Aqua. The new Randall’s tilefish was described by Gerald Allen, Mark V. Erdmann and Alison M. Hamilton from thirteen samples collected over a fairly broad range; Banda Islands, West Papua Indonesia, Luzon in the Northern Phillipines, Palau, Yap and the Solomon Islands all contributed specimens to the description of Hoplolatilus randalli. The new tilefish species is related to popular aquarium species such as the purple tilefish (H. purpureus) and the flashing tilefish (H. chupatlyi) yet it was previously confused with similarly colored species from the Indian Ocean, Hoplolatilus fronticinctus, which we don’t be live has been imported for ornamental aquariums before.

Read More: Reef Builders - Hoplolatilus randalli is a newly described tilefish from the heart of the Indo-Pacific region

Hoplolatilus-randalli-tilefish.png

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 57 39.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 34.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back