Horned Blenny

adromero

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will a horned blenny eat SPS? If so, are there any peaceful blennies that eat algae?

Auquanut

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've never had one, but from what I understand horned blennies tend to graze on SPS. Lawn mower blennies will graze on algae, but tend to leave the GHA alone if it is too long and tough. Also, while they are considered peaceful, they can occasionally get pretty territorial. Really cool fish though.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had one of these awhile back, kind of difficult to feed, was clumsy about eating out of the water column but nori doesn't move around at least. It did nip at random corals but I think most blennies do.

I had a captive bred court jester goby that ate algae off the rocks and sand. Did not bother corals and ate pellets since it was captive. It is a tiny fish so don't expect it to fix a neglected tank or major algae problem.

OP
OP
adromero

adromero

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I had one in a Pico tank with a tailspot blenny. I may try it again. I have no algae issues , but like fish that serve a purpose.

OP
OP
adromero

adromero

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I had one in a Pico tank with a tailspot blenny. I may try it again. I have no algae issues , but like fish that serve a purpose.
Replying to Tamberav about court jester goby

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.4%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 40 16.9%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 160 67.5%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.5%
Back