Horrors of zoas, polyps, and palys.

bluetrigger

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
as you can see they have completely taken over my reef and with the exception of a few other corals I have had to move the rest. The ones left are attached to large rocks and cannot be moved even the goniopora is firmly attached. I don't find this attractive but I guess it looks sorta natural. perhaps some of you do.

Attachments

• IMG_2601.JPG
    IMG_2601.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 293
  • IMG_2602.JPG
    IMG_2602.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 247

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That look would not be my goal, but I have actually seen wild reefs like that. Most places you go do not have castle structures of Acropora and NPS.

The tank is cool, nice to see something different. Put some Darth Mauls in there and you have a gold mine.

OP
OP
bluetrigger

bluetrigger

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
as you can see they have completely taken over my reef and with the exception of a few other corals I have had to move the rest. The ones left are attached to large rocks and cannot be moved even the goniopora is firmly attached. I don't find this attractive but I guess it looks sorta natural. perhaps some of you do.
I purchased it as a mimic tang but have been unable to find this adult form in any picts I have seen, the other is a Vlamingi. Thanks for the interest, it is nice to hear from other finny fanatics

OP
OP
bluetrigger

bluetrigger

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ohhh mann thats crazyy juss start cutttin off with a razor piece by piece at a time and make sure u runnn od amounts of carbon
Thanks, I have talked to my local fin dealer and he actually wanted to purchase my entire tank, and give me a new one.

OP
OP
bluetrigger

bluetrigger

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That look would not be my goal, but I have actually seen wild reefs like that. Most places you go do not have castle structures of Acropora and NPS.

The tank is cool, nice to see something different. Put some Darth Mauls in there and you have a gold mine.
wouldn't that be great. but just finding new and different around here is difficult, many of my local guys have closed. I still have one near me and I do try to go there a lot, and buy something even if I don't need it.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 65 31.4%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 56 27.1%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 42 20.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 42 20.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back