OP
david613

david613

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I havent seen prices like these for a while with fuel and shipping being so high . And they have a low price point of $139 for free shiping

Dierks

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I havent seen prices like these for a while with fuel and shipping being so high . And they have a low price point of $139 for free shiping
Agreed, I believe you have to pay $40 for shipping when you go to checkout. I am hopeful that the supply chain will get back to normal as life stabilizes for so many. Also, I would highly recommend QT'ing your fish from anyplace, not just because its Petco.

Hitchhik3r

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed, I believe you have to pay $40 for shipping when you go to checkout. I am hopeful that the supply chain will get back to normal as life stabilizes for so many. Also, I would highly recommend QT'ing your fish from anyplace, not just because its Petco.
Probably a stupid question but do clams also need to be QT'd prior to introducing into DT?

Dierks

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably a stupid question but do clams also need to be QT'd prior to introducing into DT?
Not a stupid question at all...

All depends on your risk level. I would say 90% of the hobby would say nope you are good to go. If you want the technical answer, yes... You need to Quarantine anything that has a hard surface as a tomont (Velvet or Ich) could be attached to the hard surface and makes it way into your tank and then of course continue its life cycle.

Now there is another debate on how long the tomonts take to burst and it seems that it is in dead temperature related along with salinity. In an normal reef tank environment I believe outside of one flawed study that had some ill intentions was 28 days. I would have to triple check that number but if you did just that you would be almost guaranteed that the clam or any hard surface was clean. Thena good dip in fresh clean saltwater and then into the tank.

Hope this helps :)

Back