Household Nitrate and Phosphate references?

OP
OP
BWV

BWV

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok... so... The test kits are fine.

I used 1ml of 100:1 diluted NeoNitro (RODI:NN), in 100ml of clean mixed salt water (regular IO) and saw 2.5ppm - ish indicated. As the math says the result was to be 3, I'd say we are good.

To have a darker color (.025ppm is really hard to see) I used 10ml of 100:1 diluted NeoPhos (RODI:NP) solution, in 100ml of clean mixed water (regular IO) and saw 1ppm - ish indicated. As the math says the result was to be 1, I'd say we are also good here.

After seeing this...I know the kits are good, and the Brightwell stuff is what it says it is.
So... Into the tank went 4ml of NeoNitro and 1ml of NeoPhos... Below is a today pic.
1659540008359.png

(Hard to believe I have a nutrient problem... up a few posts was a few days ago...time to clean again...)

thatmanMIKEson

Reefing ain't easy$
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok... so... The test kits are fine.

I used 1ml of 100:1 diluted NeoNitro (RODI:NN), in 100ml of clean mixed salt water (regular IO) and saw 2.5ppm - ish indicated. As the math says the result was to be 3, I'd say we are good.

To have a darker color (.025ppm is really hard to see) I used 10ml of 100:1 diluted NeoPhos (RODI:NP) solution, in 100ml of clean mixed water (regular IO) and saw 1ppm - ish indicated. As the math says the result was to be 1, I'd say we are also good here.

After seeing this...I know the kits are good, and the Brightwell stuff is what it says it is.
So... Into the tank went 4ml of NeoNitro and 1ml of NeoPhos... Below is a today pic.
1659540008359.png

(Hard to believe I have a nutrient problem... up a few posts was a few days ago...time to clean again...)
That's good, good thing you verified

This is my own personal opinion, but I've had that exact looking algae and issues, if you stay on top of dosing neophos and neonitro for 2-3 months and stay within their recommended value, verified every day or so with the Hanna checkers, it will go away, its crazy but it works, you also must have all other core parameters on point and non changing, key is to grow coraline algae, so I would also stay on top of strontium dosing and the coraline will take off, making that algae and other pest algaes have a harder time to grow, people say don't use the neo's with algae but thats just arm chair experience. Again IMO/experience...

Attachments

• 20220730_164726.jpg
    20220730_164726.jpg
    246.7 KB · Views: 24
Back