How about flood control on the forum?

cparka23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since R2R seems to be a frequent target for forum spam, it seems like a cap on the number of posts/few minutes would be something worth consideration. It might give less incentive for spammers to try multiple posts if they find that they need to wait for a set duration before posting again.

I can also see this stopping the occasional Joe who wants to get to 25 posts in half an hour in order to advertise something in the buy/sell forum (I'm aware of the 30-day wait for the new forum registrants, but said-Joe sometimes isn't).

Obviously, the trick would be to balance legit, quick responses and intentional spam so people don't have conversations interrupted. What do you think?

Spiderwoman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have Captcha in place and forcing JavaScript controls to be on, that should block spammers if they are bot based. Humans are another thing.

Putting a post timer in place can be really annoying sometimes when you are trying to reply to multiple messages and in some cases ones that could be time sensitive.

Gimili the Great

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have seen a few posts but they are almost always taken down very shortly after they are posted.

great job to the moderators for being so active

FiReBReTHa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sad.

I have so many funny anti spam fotos, and dont get to use any :(

Hypertek99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Putting a post timer in place can be really annoying sometimes when you are trying to reply to multiple messages and in some cases ones that could be time sensitive.

Yeah i don't like the sites that have the post timers. Very annoying for me.

ddr_phish

Coral Collector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the Mods are doing a great job against spam here already. Spiderwoman is right about the time sensitive posting, it's annoying as hell and you might miss out on a nice deal in some cases.

RUGDOG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah some knothead threw up a thread early today about Obama and Clinton that was full of jiberish. I responded with a ????? and a very short time later it was gone!

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 22 31.4%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 56 80.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 11 15.7%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.0%
  • Other

Votes: 4 5.7%
Back