Bob Escher

Welcome to Saltwater
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
8B2F8106-02BF-4D10-9D90-0AE734A88CF2.jpeg
Cleaning and doing water changes

I have a 45 gal JBJ AIO that I converted to have a sump. But I still have a Basket in one overflow
That has. Seachem matrix in it. I am battling aptasia in the back of the tank but not in the display area.
As I was getting ready to clean and pull the basket to rinse the matrix I saw a bunch of aptasia inside the basket. I said the hell with I’m going to clean everything.
So I pulled everything and put everything into fresh water with vinegar.
Haha.
I have seen these worms in my display but I’m going to ask now that I have some good sized ones
If they are good or not. I believe they are good scavengers so the ones in the main display they are there to stay ( they are all small)

Thanks guys

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
8B2F8106-02BF-4D10-9D90-0AE734A88CF2.jpeg
Cleaning and doing water changes

I have a 45 gal JBJ AIO that I converted to have a sump. But I still have a Basket in one overflow
That has. Seachem matrix in it. I am battling aptasia in the back of the tank but not in the display area.
As I was getting ready to clean and pull the basket to rinse the matrix I saw a bunch of aptasia inside the basket. I said the hell with I’m going to clean everything.
So I pulled everything and put everything into fresh water with vinegar.
Haha.
I have seen these worms in my display but I’m going to ask now that I have some good sized ones
If they are good or not. I believe they are good scavengers so the ones in the main display they are there to stay ( they are all small)

Thanks guys

@KJ
#reefsquad for the ID please!

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Body reminds me of a spaghetti worm, but no tentacles out of the mouth....possibly because its out of water?

OP
OP
Bob Escher

Bob Escher

Welcome to Saltwater
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Body reminds me of a spaghetti worm, but no tentacles out of the mouth....possibly because its out of water?
I seen them in the display and never seen them with tentacles out of the mouth. I
I’ve only seen one bigger then these two as well. There must have been thirty of them in my basket of matrix ( about a pound) the majority of the time they have been 1/8 of a in if that

Back