How are my levels?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Kmsutows
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Kmsutows

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 26, 2016
Messages
845
Reaction score
866
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've finally purchased a good test kit and am at a loss on how much Ca (reef foundation A [Ca/Sr/Ba])

My levels with the RedSea kit are;
Alk 7.5dKH
Ca 370 (at start of color change)- 390 (at end of color change) which do I go by??
Mag 1340(at start of color change)- 390 (at end of color change) again, which do I go by??
20170107_202510.jpg 20161230_194447.jpg
 
Alk 7.5dKH
Ca 370 (at start of color change)- 390 (at end of color change) which do I go by??
Mag 1340(at start of color change)- 390 (at end of color change) again, which do I go by??

Your alk looks good although some ppl prefer it a bit higher, close to 8 or a bit over.
CAL, you go by the first color change when it turns blue.
Same as with the MAG

You might dose Cal to a level of 400, as your not far off.
 
Thanks for the reply! How do I dosend the Calcium it seems like quite a bit from bulkreefsupply calculator... it says 143ml.. I have a 150gal with sump minus rock so guessed 140gal. In August I bought a Reef foundation A [Ca/Sr/Ba] that I wanted to use. My question is do I really add 143ml and. An that be done at one time? Do I need something to balance it? Thanks again
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 28.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 6.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new