How are my levels?

150 Gallon Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A month or so back my sps were suffering from stn due to vibrant and chemiclean treatments. A few water changes later and the sps started to color up and grow again. I've noticed the past few days my Duncan's have not been out, my mini scoly is bleached a bit, and 2 of my sps are bleaching a bit at the base and polyps haven't opened since 2 weeks before I noticed the bleaching. The rest of my sps are looking great with great growth. Just seeing if anything from my test results look off or should I just keep doing more frequent water changes like I have been doing bi weekly.

Alk- 7.8 dkh red sea
Cal- 480 red sea
Phosphate- .06 hanna
Nitrate- 8-16 red sea
Salinity 1.025 hanna
Ph- 8.3 ghl probe
Temp- 77 ghl probe

I dose 4 ml acro power per day which I've noticed brought out alot of color and growth. Any help is great. Thank you

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing obvious with those parameters.
Magnesium?
It may take a few more months for the impacts of those treatments to pass.

Pistondog

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A month or so back my sps were suffering from stn due to vibrant and chemiclean treatments. A few water changes later and the sps started to color up and grow again. I've noticed the past few days my Duncan's have not been out, my mini scoly is bleached a bit, and 2 of my sps are bleaching a bit at the base and polyps haven't opened since 2 weeks before I noticed the bleaching. The rest of my sps are looking great with great growth. Just seeing if anything from my test results look off or should I just keep doing more frequent water changes like I have been doing bi weekly.

Alk- 7.8 dkh red sea
Cal- 480 red sea
Phosphate- .06 hanna
Nitrate- 8-16 red sea
Salinity 1.025 hanna
Ph- 8.3 ghl probe
Temp- 77 ghl probe

I dose 4 ml acro power per day which I've noticed brought out alot of color and growth. Any help is great. Thank you
Your numbers don't look bad.
Maybe try acro power every 2nd or 3rd day.
Amino acids help all life, good and bad.

OP
OP
150 Gallon Reef

150 Gallon Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you think I should keep doing frequent water changes? My nutrient levels actually get too low from doing water changes, so I end up dosing nitrate and phosphate. I have only been doing water changes to try to remove the vibrant and chemiclean. Wondering if I should stop doing them to let things settle

Poof No Eyebrows

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe cut the middle then? 2/3rds the battle we face in reefing is finding balance. The last 1/3 is the discipline in maintaining it.

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Slow down on the water changes and use chemifilter of polyfilter to remove Vibrant

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 73 51.4%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 73 51.4%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 31 21.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.3%
Back