How are you mounting your heater?

  • Thread starter Thread starter nim6us
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

nim6us

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
May 22, 2017
Messages
575
Reaction score
433
Location
UK
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I like a clean tidy sump, but the one thing I’m struggling with is my heaters. The suction cup mounts eventually go rigid and no longer stick to the glass. And I’ve heard all sort of stories with poorly sealed magnets leaching into the water. Currently mine are just laid there in the corner, but as I said I’d like to display them nicely.

Any ideas?
 
I bought a big box of suction cups on amazon, something like 100 pieces for $10, so I just replace the suckers when they stop sticking.
 
Lay them down in the sump in flow, next to each other and away from the probe.
hasn't been a problem, but now you have me thinking....
 
I just stick mine to the side of the sump, resticking it pretty much every other day. Have been doing that for several years lol.
 
Yeah that's what I had been doing @Waters, every time I emptied my skimmer cup I'd see them laying on top of each other, reach in and restick them. Hence I'm here looking for a better way, hoping someone has found a clever hack. :face-with-monocle:
 
Get some silicone oil and work it into the suction cups to extend their life.
 
Suction cups you can buy them online too. I’m really not sure of any other option that wouldn’t melt besides laying it down somewhere.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 39.3%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new