How bad are emerald crabs

Born2beblack

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How bad are emerald crabs. I have one and all was fine he ate alage did what i wanted now i read that they strip sps corals.
I check my birdsnests and its fully opened nothing missing so i think nothing of it. I put a pocillopora into my tank and i first notice he is in front of it every morning chilling, so after 3 days ive noticed its bottom half hasnt been extending at all but the top is.. about where the crab couldn't reach. So now im not happy and confused cause my other 2 sps are fine and they been fine for months but this new one is just not happy on its bottom half and my crab is always there i notice now. And im worries if it is the crab he will move onto my nice stuff.
Do you reefer have issues with them like storys time id like. And if so sump the little demon? And will my sps recover it is very new and i wish i had notice the first day not day 5 -_-
Photo sucks sorry youll gonna have to wait for the snail to finish his round. Camera just wants to focus on him
Peremeters are stable not great lol but stable and i use proper water and weekly changes i post them at the bottom.

Saltwater peremeters
20g Nano reef
8 months old
3 month cycle

Salinity - 1.025
Temp - 83
pH - 8.3
Alkalinity - 10.2
Ammonia - 0
Nitrite - 0
Nitrate - 45ppm
Calcium - 425ppm
Magnesium - 1300ppm

If im doing something wrong let me know cause i have hunted this coral down for a bit i like how it looks :(

20200705_131616.jpg 20200705_132053.jpg

OP
OP
Born2beblack

Born2beblack

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank itself here i think it looks good so i assume something in the tank is ticking off my sps

20200705_132031.jpg

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.4%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 40 16.9%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 160 67.5%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.5%
Back