How big are acan heads?

  • Thread starter Thread starter NinnJinn
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

NinnJinn

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 24, 2018
Messages
555
Reaction score
474
Location
Loogootee, Indiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm getting ready to order my first Coral which is an a can just curious how big a two head acan would be.

So does anybody mind telling me how big their acan heads are?
 
Depends on the acan, really. I have some as small as a dime, and some as large as a quarter. I'm sure I have seen ones the size of a loonie...
 
As the others have said but I did get this one 4 head where the polyps are more than an inch across. Single head is larger than complete multi head pieces I have

Also if they are happy they grow new heads quickly
f05fba510fea7df234acc05ed9ea9f49.jpg
b449fc08516905878ee0ef95f41abea8.jpg
 
I bought a 3 head frag of Acans with polyps a little bit bigger than 1 inch across fully inflated. With regular feeding and stable parameters they will start to grown new heads fast. My acan frag started with 3 polyps in December and now has 7-8 new polyps growing all around the frag.
 

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 5.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new