How Bouncey is too Bouncey?

  • Thread starter Thread starter wmv
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

wmv

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 6, 2023
Messages
100
Reaction score
65
Location
united states
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Admittedly I’m not much of a mushroom keeper, and I’m involved in the whole bounce craze. But I have an orange mushroom which maybe someone could help ID, but long story short it’s just getting “bouncier” and bouncier. So my question is, is this mushroom bouncing? And if so, is this a crazy amount of bounce or pretty normal?
IMG_5631.jpeg
 
Admittedly I’m not much of a mushroom keeper, and I’m involved in the whole bounce craze. But I have an orange mushroom which maybe someone could help ID, but long story short it’s just getting “bouncier” and bouncier. So my question is, is this mushroom bouncing? And if so, is this a crazy amount of bounce or pretty normal?
IMG_5631.jpeg
I'm not well versed in mushrooms but I'm guessing that's not a "bounce" but more like a shroom that has tentacles like that. I wish I could remember the type that looks like that but I cannot. At least a bump for your question!
 
I'm not well versed in mushrooms but I'm guessing that's not a "bounce" but more like a shroom that has tentacles like that. I wish I could remember the type that looks like that but I cannot. At least a bump for your question!
Yeah there’s a few on the backside that look more bubbly or Bouncey per se but I have to agree with you, definitely would classify it more as tentacles. I’m mostly wondering if it’s a sign of stress or just happily swaying along
 
Yeah there’s a few on the backside that look more bubbly or Bouncey per se but I have to agree with you, definitely would classify it more as tentacles. I’m mostly wondering if it’s a sign of stress or just happily swaying along
Looks pretty happy to me, otherwise it would be all drawn in on itself. Cool coral!
 
same kind of thing as mentioned, while the vesicles are elongated and a little swollen i'm not entirely sure i'd call that a "bouce mushroom" but awesome none the less and i'd be pretty pumped to have it in my own system.
Here is the OG WWC Bounce Mushroom for comparison
 

Attachments

  • OG-Bounce-Mushroom.jpg
    OG-Bounce-Mushroom.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 83
I've never been much about "bounce" mushrooms but here's what happened with some superman rhodactis in one of my systems with regard to light levels. and here's a paper where researchers looked at the "bounce" cause in corals which is interesting but inconclusive. As mentined above if your corals is expanding it's probably fine.

https://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0097018

Bounce Rhodactis.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new