How can I convert compact fluorescent to t5?

LIreefguy106

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 11, 2016
Messages
101
Reaction score
41
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone

How can I convert a Coralife Aqualight Pro that has 2 MH lights (which I will be replacing with my kessils) and 2x96w CF bulbs with t5? I want to covert this entire unit into a t5 led hybrid fixture.

Can I just buy t5 bulbs and will it fit in the CF housing? Are additional ballasts needed?

This is the fixture that I have:
https://www.marinedepot.com/Coralif...ralife-ES53502-FILTFIMHFEDEMP-ES53506-vi.html

Regards
Om
 
You should basically replace from the ballast to the ceramics.
A retrofit kit is the best safest idea.

Strip all the guts and do a nice clean install. Not a tough diy. But electricity is no joke
 
If you get the specs from the ballast for the CFL, you can see how it will run the T5s. It will probably fire then, but might over drive them a bit. Be sure and get waterproof end caps for the T5s if you have to hack the housing up too much.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 56 34.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 14.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 11 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new