How can i eliminate ??

adamsiel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone, I'm looking for help, is there anyone who can help me? I have this type of algae on a rock, I'm attaching a photo, it's growing quickly, I can't deal with it, what is it called and how can I effectively eliminate it from my aquarium?
Thx for help.

IMG_2414.jpeg IMG_2415.png

Subsea

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Chondria

chondria 300x225

These and related species look like translucent red plants with cylindrical and irregular branching. They may stick to the rocks like Chondria repens, or they can brachout like the bushier Chondria minutula. The important thing in identification is look how the "branches" have smaller branchlets, usually ending in a pit.
Manual Removal: Fairly easy. While macros that have fragile runners and creep along the rock are the hardest to manually remove, this macro tends to peel better than most. Get the holdfast and attempt to peel it off the infected surface, if you miss any go back and polish it off with the tweezers or a dental pick.

Clean Up Crew: Just manually remove. If it is a too much of it, then emerald crabs, larger hermits, urchins, sea hares, turbos and other cleaning crew members with significant cutting power.

Gelidium, Red Wiry Turf Algae

gelidium 300x214

Many species of short creeping red algae exist so the hobby generally lumps all of them under the heading "Gelidium", (the genus that is home to many of those species), and the common name Red Turf Algae, or Red Wiry Algae.

Manual Removal: Difficult. Macros that have fragile runners and creep along the rock are the hardest to manually remove. Do the best you can. Use a dental pick to remove it if possible. Fragments of the algae can spread though, so make sure to net any pieces that break loose. Yeah I know, it is boring as can be, but if you do it once surgically with a dental pick the problem goes away for good. If you can take the rock out, all the better.

Clean Up Crew: Emerald Crabs, urchins, sea hares, and large turbos.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 68 45.0%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 70 46.4%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 13 8.6%
Back