Help to eliminate GSP!

Nano man

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,
So I am finally going to eliminate this GSP that is taking over my tank. I am fine with it on the back wall of the tank but not on the rocks anymore.
What is the best way to get rid of it? Chisel it off the rocks after peeling off what I can?
Burn it with a flame-thrower lighter? Please help!
Jay

GSP.jpg

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,
So I am finally going to eliminate this GSP that is taking over my tank. I am fine with it on the back wall of the tank but not on the rocks anymore.
What is the best way to get rid of it? Chisel it off the rocks after peeling off what I can?
Jay

GSP.jpg
Honestly, a fish that eats it will be best… but your zoas and other wanted coral are likely to be at risk.

MrGisonni

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Use a razor knife and a small flathead screwdriver. Then, cover any tiny remaining pieces with super glue. This will be an ongoing battle unless you remove all the rocks unfortunately

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Peel it. Peel it when it starts growing back. Eventually it will be gone.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hi everyone,
Jay

GSP.jpg
Press down with thumb, then peel back otherwise a Plastic putty knife

OP
OP
Nano man

Nano man

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Willing to sell/ship any of it?
I don’t have access to an oxygen tank. However, I have shipped plenty of chaetomorpha and dragons breath in double ziplocked bags wrapped in newspaper and shipped priority mail. No issues. This particular strand of GSP is from cherry corals and it pops like no other! I can pull a lot of it off, it’s just the hard to reach spots on the rocks that would test my patience though. Let me pull it off, take pics and we go from there.
Hit me up.
Jay

OP
OP
Nano man

Nano man

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Use a razor knife and a small flathead screwdriver. Then, cover any tiny remaining pieces with super glue. This will be an ongoing battle unless you remove all the rocks unfortunately
I will move all the rocks with gsp and tackle each one individually, sounds like fun huh? Gonna take hours, there goes my Sunday.

OP
OP
Nano man

Nano man

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you want to sell any of the rocks I'm also in Savannah and would be more than willing to pick some up.
I’ll get it squared away tomorrow. I just hate to get rid of my rock that I’ve had for so many years.

Rusty_L_Shackleford

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t have access to an oxygen tank. However, I have shipped plenty of chaetomorpha and dragons breath in double ziplocked bags wrapped in newspaper and shipped priority mail. No issues. This particular strand of GSP is from cherry corals and it pops like no other! I can pull a lot of it off, it’s just the hard to reach spots on the rocks that would test my patience though. Let me pull it off, take pics and we go from there.
Hit me up.
Jay
No need for an oxygen tank, just air in the bag is fine. Honestly, it's GSP, it'll survive dang near anything. When the weather warms up I wouldn't hesitate to send this stuff priority mail.

littlebigreef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Panacur/fenbendazole is a largely reefsafe option for system wide treatment. It’s mostly known for treating invasive clove polyps but has also been reported to work on Xenia, green star polyps, blue ridge coral (experience) and some other leathers.

Main r2r thread is here

Caveats;
1) I’d manually remove as much gsp as possible. Double tap (dose again) after 6-7 weeks to really knock it out.
2) you gotta remove cuc
3) you can use carbon to remove after treatment(s)

I’ve used 3 times on my old system (1 and the 2xs over 6 weeks on a second try) to fully and completely remove bcp. It also killed gsp I couldn’t remove.

OP
OP
Nano man

Nano man

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And here is what I got!
A bucket load of giant butt Cherry Corals GSP frags!

Attachments

• IMG_3382.jpeg
    IMG_3382.jpeg
    179 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_3384.jpeg
    IMG_3384.jpeg
    152.2 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_3383.jpeg
    IMG_3383.jpeg
    146 KB · Views: 40

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back