How Can I Make DIY Live Rock Lighter??

Cracking the tank? i don't think you will have that issue unless you drop the rock in the tank. I am curious about the ph buffering capabilities of this rock and if it is any different for our systems then reef rock? I also want to build my rock structure with this but am not sure...
 
I will try crushed ice in my next batch and put up some pics. I made the perlite ones and they are light but will crumble like dirt if it has any pressure on it. I do aquascaping and if a heavy rock falls it could crack the tank.
 
Another option is to mix in rocksalt. Once it hardens, you have to soak it anyway, and the salts dissolves... makes the rock more porous, too!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 29.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 29.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 5 18.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new