How can I prop my canopy lid up

  • Thread starter Thread starter aqua1dude
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

aqua1dude

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 28, 2014
Messages
43
Reaction score
2
Location
Charlotte
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm trying to figure out a nice way to lift the top of my canopy and keep it up while I feed my fish or do maintenance. I currently use a PVC pipe to prop the canopy up as needed but it's not the best method. I would like to see some of the solutions that you all are using in this scenario. Here is a picture of what I do to keep it propped


 
If you google "cabinet lid support" you will find many options...some of which you could buy locally at HD or Lowes. Here is but one example of hundreds of choices:

25627-02-1000.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 4.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new