How clear reef tank water can be?

  • Thread starter Thread starter BurgerFish
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Appears to be the glass.... your water is clear in those cups
But on my photo you can see the glass upper the water line, no green/yellow at all.
 
It’s probably green light bouncing off the glass from your green rocks.
 
It's your glass
I tested that many times:
20201106_123828.jpg


When I look trough the glass there is no green or yellow.
Only when there is a water the color become greenish.
It’s probably green light bouncing off the glass from your green rocks
Is there any way to fix that?

I think I need to do the bucket test to be sure, glass can be too small to see the green/yellow water.
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 1 2.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 14 28.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 17 34.7%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 10.2%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 6.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 10.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 6.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new