How close can frogspawns and torch corals stay to one another?

707 Reefer

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have some very nice octo frogspawn and aussie gold torch that I would like to place in the same area. How close can they be without them stingy one another? If the tentacles of each other touch, will they harm or sting one or the other? Please help, would like to know before I place them in their permanent spot on my pillar. Thanks

Sugo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have some very nice octo frogspawn and aussie gold torch that I would like to place in the same area. How close can they be without them stingy one another? If the tentacles of each other touch, will they harm or sting one or the other? Please help, would like to know before I place them in their permanent spot on my pillar. Thanks

+1 I'd like to know too.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

always reefin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know some hammers can actually touch each other and like it. I wouldn't recommend they touch, but hey you never know. Just watch them, see what they do. Also watch their sweepers if they have some, I believe they can be a couple inches or so. Different species can have different lengths. Good luck

Kano

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the tentacles touch and stick odds are they're going to end up killing each other. If they just touch and pass by each other no damage should be done. I'd keep a close eye on things though and maybe test it with some cheaper torches/hammers first you have them available to you. I put different torches by each other without any problems but they haven't touched my frogspawn so am not sure if they're closely related enough to not do damage.

jedimasterben

Bubble coral sting good
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hammers, frogspawns, and grapes can all touch without harm, torches cannot be mixed in with them, though different torches can all touch without issue.

Pkunk35

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a branching torch and a wall hammer that are touching and doing fine, I think only way to be sure is observation although I have heard before that torch is not compatible with anything.

Pkunk35

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only thing I can say to that is to give it time, but I'd recommend you go ahead and move them.

its been several months but i will for sure keep an eye out for the interaction together thanks.

Protein Skimmers – Are They Really Necessary?

• YES

Votes: 39 50.6%
  • NO

Votes: 25 32.5%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 12 15.6%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back