How concentrated do you make dosing solution?

thoeffe

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How concentrated do you make dosing solution? I have been manually dosing but bought a cheap jebao dp4 dosing pump. I would add 1/2 tsp a day of both alk and cal mixed with a yogurt container full of rodi and dump it in. I would wait to dose cal and alk at different parts of the day. I dose only 1/4 a tsp of each now because I had a lot of sps die off when I went on vacation because the alk and cal didn't get dosed right by the person I had watching the tank hence why I bought the dosing pump. How do I convert over I think this pump goes by ML.

jaxredsoxfan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What brand of 2 part are you using? Usually just test alk, dont dose for a day, retest and find out how much ALK was consumed in a day. Then follow manufacturers directions as to how much you need. I use ESV-Bionic and mix a gallon at a time (it comes concentrated and you just fill the jug with RO/DI and mix it thoroughly)and just keep my dosing tank full from the one gallon jugs. I dose 22mg/day.

OP
OP
thoeffe

thoeffe

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What brand of 2 part are you using? Usually just test alk, dont dose for a day, retest and find out how much ALK was consumed in a day. Then follow manufacturers directions as to how much you need. I use ESV-Bionic and mix a gallon at a time (it comes concentrated and you just fill the jug with RO/DI and mix it thoroughly)and just keep my dosing tank full from the one gallon jugs. I dose 22mg/day.
Brs calcium chloride, diy sodium carbonate for alk(baked baking soda) and brs magnesium

Back