How concerned should I be with this crack?

Keybilly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently picked up a 95 gallon cube at a great price but upon working on taking out the old silicone to replace it with new silicone and scraping off the black back that the previous owner had painted I discovered this crack at the bottom of the overflow corner. How concerned should I be that this could get worse and what would you suggest fixing it with if it’s fixable? Thanks so much for your help!

74992139-A4E7-4F5E-BFFD-BE45E57CB28B.jpeg
FC1BD8A8-6541-4FFA-95EC-5CA5EAE6DB16.jpeg 3F4E8048-1FAD-49F8-ADB0-639863A95D32.jpeg

SGV - Bluestar

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you resealing it? Have you thought about turning the panel upside down towards the top end? Glass panel should be even thick or matching. If not, I wouldn't trust it.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Keybilly

Keybilly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought it unfortunately, I’m not sure if my husband and I damaged it bringing it home or if we just didn’t notice the crack. That’s a good idea for turning those those panels around since I’m working on cutting most the bad silicone out anyways

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Keybilly

Keybilly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you resealing it? Have you thought about turning the panel upside down towards the top end? Glass panel should be even thick or matching. If not, I wouldn't trust it.
I am planning on resealing it yes! I knew it was a project tank going in but didn’t know about the crack. I got like $2,500 worth of stuff for $500… the sump alone went for $500 new so it was a nobrainer but still the crack is a bit disappointing. I love the idea of flipping the corner cracked piece of glass

Upvote 0

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 59 73.8%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 10 12.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 7.5%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back