How critical is last drop off?

  • Thread starter Thread starter stephj03
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

stephj03

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 28, 2009
Messages
1,235
Reaction score
1,014
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've shipped a couple of times now and always seem to end up barely making it to FedEx for the last drop off.

Is it really that important to drop off at 5:30pm vs 4pm? I'm on the west coast so 10:30 arrival next dy on the east coast is only 12hrs no?
 
I've shipped a couple of times now and always seem to end up barely making it to FedEx for the last drop off.

Is it really that important to drop off at 5:30pm vs 4pm? I'm on the west coast so 10:30 arrival next dy on the east coast is only 12hrs no?

You are: PST 17:30 (05:30pm), MST 18:30 (06:30pm), CST 19:30 (07:30pm), EST 20:30 (08:30pm) so EST 10:30 (10:30am) next day is 14 hours, or 15.5 hours if you ship at 4pm PST

Hope that helps.
 
Thanks for the reply. I guess what I'd like to know is if it's likely ok to drop off within 2hrs or so of the last pick up.

Or is everyone really dropping off at last drop off?
 
Thanks for the reply. I guess what I'd like to know is if it's likely ok to drop off within 2hrs or so of the last pick up.

Or is everyone really dropping off at last drop off?
It’s okay to drop off earlier if you can’t do last drop off hour. I’ve done it before due to a busy schedule
 
I think it's one of those things that just has too many variables to give a good answer. Of course, the closer to last drop off the better, but if the weather is mild, and the coral are well packed and hardy than it isn't much of a worry to drop off earlier. If the weather will be very hot or cold, or the coral are extra sensitive or valuable than I'd make every effort to get close to last drop off to ensure the shortest time in the box. As a general rule of thumb, I don't get myself worked up about any drop off that is 4pm or later (last drop off for me is 6pm). Anything earlier and I may make extra precautions in packing as necessary, or even consider shipping another day.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new