How Dangerous are Baby RBTAs

  • Thread starter Thread starter C-Reefer
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

C-Reefer

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 25, 2018
Messages
766
Reaction score
648
Location
Andersonville, TN
What state or country do you live in
Tennessee
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys! I have a 20 long nano mixed reef thats been set up for four months now. I have multiple LPS, softies, and a colony of birdsnest, 2 different colored frags of birdsnest, and a large green monti plate. They all grow very well. There is a local reefer here that sells baby RBTA's, about 2 inches across. I have really been wanting one. Would a baby RBTA be less dangerous to walk around when its first introduced until it finds the right spot, then it could grow up there and get bigger? Like, would a baby RBTA do less damage then a full grown one?
 
They will move even if they get bigger. I've had ones that were in a spot for 2-3 years then moved. They also tend to move when they split. In my opinion a 20g is trouble with all that coral as a RBTA grows.. it'll start to sting everything around it to make room to grow.
 
This honestly sounds like a recipe for disaster unless you're willing to sac everything in the tank that isn't the BTA.
 
It's your tank but I would recommend against. My nems split overnight a month back in my 90. I lost 2 acro frags, a Monti while at work. I am in the process of setting up my old biocube to soley have it for nems and my 2 clowns.
 
The nems are currently in my "fuge" lit by an AI prime temporarily
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new