How do i connect the ion director to p4 with no spare pab ports?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

windemerejack

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive got the khd and slave doser which is connected to p4 via 1 pab port and the other pab port has my powerbar connected so if I buy the ion director and slave doser, how can I connect it to my p4?

OP
OP
windemerejack

windemerejack

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does it not have to connect to the p4 itself?
My doser has both pab ports used as does my p4, the only spare port is on the khd, so I would just connect ion director to the khd and the second doser?

Member No 1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Example
P4 -> KH->SA Doser -> ION-> SA Doser->Open PAB Port
P4->Power Bar-> Open PAB Port

Also the way you described it, your Power Bar should also have an extra port.

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
More on this post too

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks AZMSGT
If it makes you feel any better, I and others have asked similar PAB questions. When I was first getting my head wrapped around GHL equipment I was baffled with it. Still many aspects of it I dislike, hopefully one day they will get the system much more user friendly.

OP
OP
windemerejack

windemerejack

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it makes you feel any better, I and others have asked similar PAB questions. When I was first getting my head wrapped around GHL equipment I was baffled with it. Still many aspects of it I dislike, hopefully one day they will get the system much more user friendly.
I do like the whole ghl thing but it seems nothing is simple and straightforward, with not a lot of info about little things like the pab thing or one of my previous threads, which socket is which, not a lot of 'how to' videos for common things people want to do either, but like you say one day they might listen to their customers and maybe get a lot more if its easier to use, as I am sure many people are put off ghl because of the difficulty and frustrations of it. I am only sticking with it because ive already spent a lot of money on their products, but when I get my new build started I will definitely not be using ghl to control it.

ingchr1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Resource Guide has info:

This video also discusses how the PAB works.

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@windemerejack
We encourage you to take a closer look at the P4 Resource Guide. The first portion of the guide breaks down all the ports and explains what they are used for. The accompanying links also direct you to the videos which cover those topics.

For example, you were wondering about the PAB ports when we have a video which explains exactly how it works in a connected system. If you were looking for more information, then we have a dedicated document on the PAB system which is on our downloads page.

Same goes for the KHD placement; options w/ images are in the manual.
How to leave certain outlets ON/OFF in case of disconnect; mentioned in the "Adding PAB-device (app)" video.
Spare BNC connector plug; P4 programming guide.

Of course we're always open to suggestions and adding any extra content which does not exist yet. ;)
If you'd like to share your ideas, feel free to DM me or email me.

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 93 42.1%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 110 49.8%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 7 3.2%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 4 1.8%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 7 3.2%

Back