Help with PAB on Profilux 3 please

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Macca_75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

I have a P3 setup with 2 power bars currently.

1 is PAB - assigned sockets 15-20
1711241432771.png

The other is a 6 point setup on port S1-4 - assigned sockets 9-14

I also have an old doser connected via S5-8 - these are assigned to Dosing pumps 1-4 (but activating these pumps also "switches" sockets 5-8 (which don't physically exist) so I just leave them unassigned). I also have a doser 2 using PAB assigned to Dosing pumps 5-8 (see below)

1711241552174.png

1711241573533.png

Recently I picked up another 6point PAB powerboard - I believe it was previously assigned to switches 1-6 (it had stickers on it). Plugging into the PAB network the comms light comes on HOWEVER I cannot find it in the "Assign Devices under PAB. Furthermore when I "dose" pumps 1-4 it activates sockets 1-4 on the new powerboard.

Any idea how to "reset" the configuration of the PAB powerboard without resetting the entire PAB bus (or will resetting the entire PAB system even work?) Once I see the new powerboard I'll assign it to sockets 21-26

Thanks in advance

OP
OP
M

Macca_75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh - and if it matters this is the "switchable powerbars" for digitial powerbar setting.

1711242065165.png

kilnakorr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First of, you need to make sure connection is right (no closed loop etc.).
It has to show up in the device section before you can set the socket/switch channel numbering.

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you connect the new Power bar? Test different PAB ports. You need it to be shown in the assign list. If doser 1 (connected to S5 in your configuration) activate S1 on the PB - it probably are configured as S5-S10.

In one or another way - it must be assigned before you change the numbering. Use GCC its more stable - IMO.

In worst case - you do not see it on the assign list - you can test to force a FW update. Before you do that - all other PAB devices must be de- assigned

Sincerely Lasse

OP
OP
M

Macca_75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you connect the new Power bar? Test different PAB ports. You need it to be shown in the assign list. If doser 1 (connected to S5 in your configuration) activate S1 on the PB - it probably are configured as S5-S10.

In one or another way - it must be assigned before you change the numbering. Use GCC its more stable - IMO.

In worst case - you do not see it on the assign list - you can test to force a FW update. Before you do that - all other PAB devices must be de- assigned

Sincerely Lasse
Thats what I was afraid of - the system is so stable. Sounds like I need to take a back up, unplug all PAB (and S1-4/S5-8 devices) and just plug the 1 new to the system powerbar in.

It's not showing up on the assigned list unfortunately.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 32 16.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 116 58.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.6%
Back