How do I deal with coral damage caused by a fish?

Paul Thomas

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 9, 2018
Messages
39
Reaction score
2
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a chalice that has a fairly large spot where a fish has picked it to the bone. it is approx 10% of the total coral surface. I believe I have stopped the fish aggression or at least distracted it. I want to know if there is anything I can or should do to try to help this coral heal. Also would it be helpful to put something on the area (like glue?) that is damaged to discourage the fish if the habit starts again. Little lost here and I just don't want to loose the coral if possible.
 
I have a chalice that has a fairly large spot where a fish has picked it to the bone. it is approx 10% of the total coral surface. I believe I have stopped the fish aggression or at least distracted it. I want to know if there is anything I can or should do to try to help this coral heal. Also would it be helpful to put something on the area (like glue?) that is damaged to discourage the fish if the habit starts again. Little lost here and I just don't want to loose the coral if possible.
Fish has to not be present
Chalice is very capable of healing under right conditions
Brightwell RESTOR chemical may help also with healing
Fish may not be reef safe
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new