How do I get my mushroom to attach?

Michael43

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have a beautiful kryptonite shroom and out of no where I see it next to its frag disc upside down. It looks ok and all but what's the easiest way to get it to reattach? Thanks for the help

Seadragon1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know there's some like coral glue stuff that you can use I cant remember what it's called. I know I probably sould like an idiot
(oh wait mabe I am :D) but I will look into it for you if you would like.

Chris Adams

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure about kryptonite but with ricordia I just cut a plastic cup in half(horizontal..nothing says you have to cut cup..maybe a jello shot cup would do) and use the bottom half and place it over the shroom(just like you are turning the cup over to cover something). I do also cut some holes in sides to allow some flow. Within a week they usually attach to the crushed coral(my bed) and then I glue that to plug/rock whatever.

jkhogan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use a needle and thread and attach them to a rock. ..works great....I put the needle thru the lower part of the stem....and tie to rock.

Izek

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah just place it in a cup with low flow area and wait a few days should cling on to some rubble rock if you have any

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Place some rubble in a cup or in a tupperware bowl and then cover with some wedding veil fabric.

Saltine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I put super glue on a frag plug or rubble rock and drop the shroom on it, blow on it and it's good. It's a pain to grip the shroom but I've done this a couple times now with success.

Salt

fishgirljockey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have a beautiful kryptonite shroom and out of no where I see it next to its frag disc upside down. It looks ok and all but what's the easiest way to get it to reattach? Thanks for the help
This is how I get mine to attach. I put a “gate” up and fill it with aragonite rubble; low flow area. It takes about a week or two before they attach themselves. Sometimes you have to help them out a bit and stretch them out so they’re not so folded up from blowing all over the place. I used the Fluval piece that you put your layers in as a gate lol

Attachments

• CC3A6284-018B-4B35-9B3D-B59761385CDF.jpeg
    CC3A6284-018B-4B35-9B3D-B59761385CDF.jpeg
    74.8 KB · Views: 267

flyingscampi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I bought a mushroom, I received a refreshingly honest opinion from the man in the LFS who claimed that they were "a pain in the ****."

It has refused all my attempts to provide a comfortable home and prefers to roll around the bottom of the aquarium being trodden on by the hermit crab. Its stubborn willingness to make itself miserable reminds me of my mother-in-law.

fishgirljockey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I bought a mushroom, I received a refreshingly honest opinion from the man in the LFS who claimed that they were "a pain in the ****."

It has refused all my attempts to provide a comfortable home and prefers to roll around the bottom of the aquarium being trodden on by the hermit crab. Its stubborn willingness to make itself miserable reminds me of my mother-in-law.
LOL I hear you. I went through the same thing with mine. it was blowing all over the tank. It was so frustrating and I had to keep moving it. I didn't want to keep touching it cause then it stresses out. Finally, I used a gate to trap it in an area. I put a bunch of argonite rocks and right now it just attached to one! It can take one to two weeks. You have to help it a bit and unbunch it. But eventually it will unfold itself and attach I promise! I will edit this with the one I have now that just attached yesterday. Look out for the edit in 5 minutes.

Edit: you can buy the bag from petco. Great stuff and it helps stabilized the PH in the tank. I pick up a fresh one every 2 months and collect the other old ones and save them for mushrooms. What’s great is these are small pieces of rock so when it attaches, it makes it easy to attach the small rock to where you want the mushroom without the rock looking too big or overbearing. You don’t notice the rock it’s on cause it’s so small. They attach to aragonite super quick! All I have is time right now. I am going through velvet so my tank is fallow. So, I'm working on getting mushrooms to attach and working on the display of the tank since I can't do anything else lol So weird not to have fish in there. I still feed a little bit. I have the fish in a bucket at the moment so I just been buying coral; mushrooms specifically. You can even get those floating tanks (the breeding ones) and put it in the tank to float around. Put the mushrooms in there with few small rocks. You can put a little or a lot. Even if it sinks to the bottom, it keeps the mushroom in place. You can just put the container in the corner - doesn't need much flow. Once it attaches, then you can move it to better flow. I just use a baster to remove any detritus and what not.

20B64DDB-9C06-44D5-B0D6-A3F9641461EA.png 1C3C8F71-0772-4EF1-B07A-0E114C7E018B.jpeg

Last edited:

fishgirljockey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I edit the other response and then this is just an add on. If you don’t have room for a container in the tank, you can get this net breeder one. It comes with parts to hang so it’s hanging up top. Then you can place a bunch of aragonite rocks. This is a really good idea too! You can get that from petsmart. Think petco has it as well. Trust me! Try it!

Attachments

• EFDD9D31-1A9C-45A0-B1E0-D3ADC3F6E3B1.png
    EFDD9D31-1A9C-45A0-B1E0-D3ADC3F6E3B1.png
    292.2 KB · Views: 264

flyingscampi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I edit the other response and then this is just an add on. If you don’t have room for a container in the tank, you can get this net breeder one. It comes with parts to hang so it’s hanging up top. Then you can place a bunch of aragonite rocks. This is a really good idea too! You can get that from petsmart. Think petco has it as well. Trust me! Try it!
Thanks for the tip.

I'm in the process of setting up a larger tank (from 60 litres to 200 litres), and I'm going to make sure there is an area of the tank with very low flow that the mushroom might be happier in.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 20 14.5%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 64 46.4%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.2%
Back