How do I keep my Jellyfish tank cleaner?

optize

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a small jellyfish tank (https://www.petjellyfish.co.uk/shop/jellyfish-tanks/O16) and I can't keep it clean for the life of me. I've attached photos, but every day after I'm done feeding them, I have to go and get all of the left over food and other random stuff, but this is a daily chore. I'm barely feeding them - am I feeding them too much? Is there another fish or snail or anything that I could put in the tank to help clean it for me?

I feel like having to clean it every day, I'm constantly adding new water, which probably isn't best for it. I'm brand new to jellyfish and so I'm a bit confused on what I'm doing wrong here. IMG_3575.JPG IMG_3576.JPG

EricR

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had that same one for about 1.5 years but mine had marble size substrate at the bottom and I'd just suck it up with a gravel cleaner syphon only at water change.

For just two moon jellyfish, I hope you're feeding a very TINY amount. (I was using freeze-dried phythoplankton and only a very small pinch -- not even a pinch,,, just a little bit in a little TINY scooper)

OP
OP
O

optize

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm SUPER new to this, so I think EricR is right, it's some marble thing on the bottom of the tank... I'll try feeding it less, they barely get any food... The dirt in that photo is just a day old.

What do you recommend for a better tank? I wanted to get a small tank to see if I'd like this as a hobby.

EricR

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually,,, just looked at the link ... mine was different -- didn't even have the separate, outer ring for the filtration and bio-media.

Quick thought, instead of feeding more, at next feeding, just mix the food at the bottom back up into the water column and see if the jellyfish catch that.

How often are you feeding?

OP
OP
O

optize

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually,,, just looked at the link ... mine was different -- didn't even have the separate, outer ring for the filtration and bio-media.

Quick thought, instead of feeding more, at next feeding, just mix the food at the bottom back up into the water column and see if the jellyfish catch that.

How often are you feeding?

That's a good idea. I didn't know if they would eat the food if it was no longer frozen / been sitting on the bottom of the tank. I feed them every morning, just a very small amount.

Last edited:

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 34 29.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 23.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back