How do i make live rock into dry rock?

  • Thread starter Thread starter chefb_5
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

chefb_5

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 7, 2011
Messages
488
Reaction score
1
Location
Princeton MN
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like the title i have live rock that is not selling so I need to turn it into dry rock. How do I do that can i use bleach and then rinse it very good? or is that just not a good idea?
 
You can set it out in the sun to dry after you bleach it. But I would keep it alive. Its worth more money unless you had some kind of pest problem.
 
I usually leave it outside for a week then give it a scrub. The sun should lighten the color of it. You could use bleach and then rinse well. Muriactic acid can also be used for dipping.
 
Derek's Reef I'm trying to sell, but there small rocks, but 2 are decent . only want 20$ for all it also has coral on it. Will I run a risk if i bleach them and rinse well?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new