How do I reduce (or remove) sump turbulence?

OP
OP
Bars

Bars

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, it would be an easy addition to make a durso system in your tank.

You could convert the return line to an emergency drain and then run an over the rim return line... that's what I did.

Is there a way to remove the separator between your 2 overflow compartments?
Yes, I believe all it does is keep the water from the overflow chamber away from the return chamber. So I would just need to cut it away and that's it. Might as well do that too!

Idoc

Getting lazier and lazier with upkeep!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, I believe all it does is keep the water from the overflow chamber away from the return chamber. So I would just need to cut it away and that's it. Might as well do that too!

Yes, if you are going to make that other line into an emergency overflow, it would be crucial for you to cut away that divider.

OP
OP
Bars

Bars

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably an impossible to answer question simply by looking at these pictures I guess, but..... I just picked up all the plumbing materials for the durso and straightening the drain pipe. Wanted to make the emergency drain another time. Unfortunately, there's no way I can fit the durso in my current overflow chamber and only straightening the drain pipe with the maggie muffler will stop the siphon and cause the DT to overflow.

As you might understand, I'm very reluctant with just cutting the divider between the overflow chamber and the one for the returnline. Anyone that can tell me just by looking at these pictures if I'll be fine removing the divider? I'm especially a bit worried about the silicone that holds together the bottom and back glass (yellow arrow). It seems like the divider is connected to that as well. I guess I could just cut all the silicone away except for that corner and then slowly pull the divider off?

20210106_140748.jpg 20210106_140800.jpg 20210106_150115.jpg 20210106_140720.jpg

Back